What you need to know at a glance;
A shrub known for its lush and exotic green/gold foliage, this shrub is begging for you to prune into a topiary ball. That being said it is a versatile shrub that in mass creates a soft leaved showy hedge with small white flowers that pop against the gold of its foliage.
– Full sun to part shade
– Grows to 1.5mtrs high and 1 mtr wide
– Keep soil moist by watering regularly
– Small white flowers throughout the year
– Perfect plant to topiary or hedge
– Low maintenance
– Prune and fertilise with a slow release fertiliser 6 monthly, to keep it’s foliage lush and dense
– Can be grown indoors in a bright well ventilated position
This evergreen shrub is so lush it almost looks fake. Its leaves are light and feathery to the touch, giving it such an interesting texture and its almost gold foliage make this plant pop amongst traditional green foliage plants. Interestingly in some cultures this plant was worn by men to make them more attractive to females, they say the scent of the crushed leaves are an aphrodisiac. It is also known to detoxify the air, making it a great indoor plant option.